Libertyville Cross Country Invite
Be at HPHS (H Entrance) by 7:40 am for the bus to Adler Park.
LIBERTYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
2022 LHS BILL DORTCH-HARRY CARLSON CROSS-COUNTRY INVITATIONAL
WHAT: Libertyville Bill Dortch-Harry Carlson Cross Country Invitational
WHEN: Saturday, September 17, 2022
WHERE: Adler Park - Libertyville - 1500 N Milwaukee Ave Libertyville, IL
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
Boys: Barrington, Chicago (Jones), Chicago (Taft), Elgin, Elk Grove, Highland Park, Lake Forest, Lake Forest Academy, Maine West, New Trier, St. Viator, Westlake Christian
Girls: Chicago (Jones), Chicago (Taft), Deerfield, Elk Grove, Highland Park, Lake Forest Academy, Maine West, New Trier, Resurrection, Stevenson, St. Viator, Wheeling, Willows Academy
Palatine Pack Timing Results will be posted on palatinepack.com
- Spikes may be worn; however, a blacktop roadway will be crossed.
- All races are on our hilly 3.0 mile Adler Park course. Course map attached.
- We are asking all teams to come in uniform as we have no dressing rooms or shower facilities at the park.
- The finish is at the wide end of the chute. Judges will be in charge of the finish and chute.
- Coaches are asked to help keep the course clear and to help keep spectators from crowding around the finish chute. The finish area is surrounded by yellow caution tape, please help keep athletes and spectators from entering this area.
- FLAG DESIGNATIONS:
- A RED FLAG indicates a turn to the left.
- A YELLOW FLAG indicates a turn to the right.
- A BLUE FLAG indicates straight ahead.
- A WHITE LINE will also mark the entire course.
- Runners must pass on the RIGHT side of RED FLAGS and on the LEFT side of YELLOW FLAGS.
- The course area that is crushed limestone (trail) is the course. No flags will be posted. Please have runners stay on the course.
- Each team will start from a box on the starting line. Positions will be drawn at random. Your starting box number is on the attachment.
- All coaches pick up information folders at the chalet upon arrival.
- Please park all buses in the Adler Grade School lot. Attendants will direct the busses.
- Three long blasts on a whistle will be blown five minutes before the meet begins (8:55 a.m.). Gun will sound at three minutes (8:57 a.m.). Please see that your contestants are at the starting line for instructions at this time.
- The athletic trainer will be present and will always be located by the finish chute. If you need medical assistance or ice, please locate our trainer. The trainer will also have a radio and a golf cart to be able to move quickly around the course when needed.
- Invitational t-shirts will be on sale at the meet.
Here’s hoping we have good weather and a good meet......
Boys Course Record: Gerardo Perez, Lake Zurich – 15:02 - 2008
Girls Course Record: Heather Olson, Warren – 17:59 - 2008
Coach/Parent 2-mile: Chad Ware, Northside College Prep – 10:05 - 2008
LIBERTYVILLE BILL DORTCH-HARRY CARLSON CROSS-COUNTRY INVITATIONAL
ENTRIES DIVISIONS DISTANCE START TIME AWARDS
Unlimited Frosh/Soph Girls 3.0 miles 9:00 a.m.
Unlimited Frosh/Soph Boys 3.0 miles 9:30 a.m.
1st place trophy
1 - 15 medals
10 girls Varsity Girls 3.0 miles 10:00 a.m.
10 boys Varsity Boys 3.0 miles 10:30 a.m.
1st place trophy
1 - 25 medals
Unlimited Open - Girls 3.0 miles 11:00 a.m. 1 - 30 ribbons
Unlimited Open - Boys 3.0 miles 11:30 a.m. 1 - 30 ribbons
Unlimited Girls (Grade School) 2.0 miles 12:00 p.m.
Unlimited Boys (Grade School) 2.0 miles 12:20 p.m.